Penrith Anglican College was established by the Anglican Schools Corporation with a clear vision: to encourage students to live with purpose and to develop a personal faith in Christ. That founding vision remains at the heart of our College.
In 1994, John Lambert, the NSW Assistant Director General of Education, recognised a need in the rapidly growing Penrith area, for a low fee, academically excellent Christian school and felt the Anglican Church could fill this gap.
In February 1994, Mr Lambert was appointed Director of Schools in the Sydney Anglican Schools Corporation. After much research, Mr Lambert purchased the land in Orchard Hills and construction began.
Mr Barry Roots was appointed Headmaster in 1997 and the Governors built a team of 12 staff to start the College in 1998.
In January 1998, Penrith Anglican College opened its doors to 137 students from Kindergarten to Year 7 and their families.
Today the College is attended by over 1000 students from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12.